We are never truly alone in any given situation. Ever.
I know that there are many times in our lives when we think that we are alone. COMPLETELY ALONE. We think that nobody understands how we feel or why we think the way we do. We think that we are the only one going through a certain situation. But that is not true! I’m a big believer in sharing the love so that we can connect with others in the same situation. So much so that I share other’s stories during my #FeatureFriday. Whether you are a parent or not, suffering from chronic illness (mental or physical) then this blog is for you!
I’ve dealt with chronic illness most of my life; I know how difficult it is for a kid who has to deal with it. I also know what it’s like to be a teenage mom completing her high school education while raising a little monkey and working two part-time jobs. I understand falling in love as a single mom, pursuing higher education with chronic illness and growing as a person every step of the way.
I realized from a young age that I was always sick. No matter what I did + no matter how careful I was. I came to accept that my immune system is just super weak! I’ve been hospitalized numerous times over the years for chronic pain but the doctors could never figure out why. I’ve suffered from intense headaches for at least a decade. Between the ages of 26-28, I have been diagnosed with migraines, a heart condition, psoriasiform dermatitis, 5 spinal conditions, anxiety and clinical depression.
I started CoffeeHeartMind because I wanted to help others feel like they are not alone. I wanted to help people understand that no matter the situation, someone out there knows exactly how you’re feeling. Someone out there has been through exactly the same situation as you have even though it doesn’t feel like it. That is something we all have to remember.
What will I write about? About everyday things that are impacted by my illnesses. Things I can accomplish. Things I struggle with. I’ll have some book/movie/show reviews, poems and recipes. I’ll also be writing about all-things-blogging that I learn on the way! I wrote a post about the mental battles I had convincing my anxious brain to even start blogging. You can read that here.
So let’s talk a little about me…
I’m Chelle and I’m a stay-at-home-mama to two babies: my 12-year-old son, Riley and my fur baby, Nala. The love of my life, Mr. J and I have been together for 10 years! Between wifey + mama duties and my endless doctors appointments, I find writing – err…. typing to be therapeutic.
Can you say “my path twisted and turned”? *whispers* my path twisted and turned. Oh how I grew up wishing and hoping that life would just go from Point A to Point B in a straight line… a happy, adventurous, and loving straight line. But no… life took me through some dark forests and murky waters. My Point B has changed over the years… I guess that’s what growing up does sometimes.
I’ve always loved the idea of writing and I must admit that I can be online for hours reading blogs! I’ve always thought blogging was a great idea and I’m at a point in my life when I can focus on blogging. I want people to get to know me and I want to get to know my readers!
Here are 25 things about me!
- My favorite colors are purple and teal
- I can stay in bed all day
- So far I have 18 tattoos
- I love cats
- I’ve dyed my hair red, purple, blue and pink…
- I don’t like being in open water…
- I’ve been the same size (height and weight) since grade 8…. I don’t like it.
- I’m starting to not like heights
- I don’t watch television ….does NETFLIX count because I’ll binge watch shows….
- I am the biggest arachnophobe you’ll ever meet ….seriously…. I’ll scream… I’ll cry… it’s not pretty.
- I *LOVE* reading books! Fiction, nonfiction… novels, textbooks…. doesn’t matter!!!!
- I knit and crochet like a noob! …..basic stitches…. blankets and scarves.
- I write poetry.
- I love skulls so much that I have one tattooed on my arm. It’s an anatomical skull… Thank you, Frank Netter.
- I’m an introvert
- I like arts and crafts
- I just recently discovered the awesomeness of ONESIES
- I own a skateboard and can skate “from point A to point B” (no tricks)
- I love medical shows
- I’m a Harry Potter fan
- I get into the baking mood around Christmas time
- I love stuffies! I’ve got a bunch of them and I can’t get rid of them.
- I like some gummy candies… like… gummy worms (especially the sour ones!), the strawberry poofs…. Swedish berries….
- I’m a Coca Cola lady.
- I love making little Origami stars.
Keep in touch!
I’d love to keep in touch with you! I’ll send bi-weekly newsletter love to your inbox to keep you up-to-date with the posts that you may have missed and the what-happenings with the blog. You can also email me at email@example.com